Discover Scuba Diving Phuket
Are you interested in Scuba Diving but never dived before? Not very good at or can’t swim? Or don’t want to or don’t have the time to do your PADI Open Water certification? Then you have the option of doing what is called a Discover Scuba Dive. Think of it like a Tandem Parachute jump, without the whole jumping out a perfectly good airplane dilemma.
The way it works is one of our expert diving instructors will be your underwater guide. They will instruct you on the basic operation of scuba gear and equipment and what you need to know for short and shallow scuba dives. Which they will take you on over the course of the day. Your instructor will be right next to you the entire time on your dive. So they can help you adjust your buoyancy until you get the hang of kicking and moving about on your own.
Usually, this is a short process so most people take no more than 10 – 15 minutes to get the swing of it and start diving relatively autonomously. So actually it’s very much unlike a tandem parachute jump because in this instance if you prove you can follow some basic diving instructions the guide will happily let you move around underwater by yourself, something you can’t do in tandem sky diving.
Some things to know or remember about Discover Scuba Diving
- Are conducted in the ocean in a shallow pool like conditions at Racha Noi/Yai.
- Limited to a depth of 12 meters.
- Fit enough to scuba dive
- This is not, and does not count towards any scuba diving certification, it is strictly a try dive.
- The King Cruiser day trip diving tour not suitable for Discover Scuba Diving
- The Phi Phi Island day trip diving tour not recommended for Discover Scuba Diving
- Dive times on discovery dives are at the discretion of your guide
- You need to allow an 18hrs before flying after scuba diving
- Dive guide
- transfer round trip from hotel to boat and back (Kamala, Patong, Karon, Kata, Rawai and Nai Harn area)
- 3 Dives
- Lunch, Guide, Water, Coffee, Tea, Breakfast
- Weight belt
- Equipment rental
- Transfer out of the free pick up zones
- National Park fee for Phi Phi
Download Brochure: Local Dive
||Pick up from your hotel
||Departure from Chalong pier
||Lunch and Relaxing
||Relaxing & Snack, fresh fruit
||Pancake, fresh fruit & Departure from the Island
|05:30 – 06:30 PM
||Arrival at the pier
|06:00 – 07:00 PM
||Arrive at your hotel
If you need to rent scuba equipment there will be an additional charge 500 THB for a full set.
- Note: Children age 2-8 years old are free of charge, Children below 2 years old are not permitted on the boat.
If you require scuba diving equipment, either a full set or partial, please see our Equipment Rental page for a full list of available equipment and pricing.
We also have a lot of spare equipment on board, wet suits, fins, masks, regulators and BCD’s, ensuring that a malfunctioning piece of equipment won’t ruin your day